View more details at www.rainbarrelprogram.org/Houston. The Green Building Resource Center (www.codegreenhouston.org) will help area residents conserve water and resources by offering 50-gallon rain barrels for $52 (or $72 for non Houston Public Works account holders). These typically cost more than $100.00. Made from recycled material, they come with instructions for easy set-up and use.
- The next semi-annual sale is Saturday, May 22, 2021
- Deadline to place online orders is Sunday, May 16
Purchases can be picked up between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon at the Houston Botanical Garden, 8210 Park Place Boulevard, ZIP 77017. GBRC Program Director Steve Stelzer will be available to answer questions and assist all who take part in this offer.
Top Five Reasons to Harvest Rainwater
- Protect our rivers, streams, and ponds from runoff pollution
- Divert water from the municipal storm drain system
- Conserve this vital natural resource and reduce your water bills
- Use rainwater to grow healthy and lush plants
- Control moisture levels around the foundation of your home