Green News / Press Releases / Events
City Hall Farmers Market Returns on Feb. 22 to June 28
January 2017 -- The public can enjoy a variety of locally prepared ready-to-eat or packaged to-go foods, pick up farm-fresh weekly groceries and at the same time support sustainable food, all amidst Houston’s dramatic ... more ...
Houston’s 2016 NCAA Final Four Men’s Basketball Championship Earns First Certification from the Council for Responsible Sport
Jan. 5, 2017 -- Credit was earned for implementing best practices in each of five categories including; ... more ...
Mayor Turner Celebrates LEED Gold Certification of City’s Traffic Operations Building
Nov. 28, 2016 -- Mayor Sylvester Turner ... announce[d] the LEED Gold certification of the City of Houston’s new Traffic Operations building located at 2200 Patterson Street ... more ...
Archived Press Releases
- 10.26.20916 -- City of Houston Launches 2016 Houston Green Office Challenge
- 09.13.2016 -- City Hall Farmers Market Opens for Fall
- 08.24.2016 -- Mayor Turner Announces Major Expansion of Houston Bike Share Program
- 08.03.2016 -- Houston Launches Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program
- 03.25.2016 -- City Of Houston Collaborates With Midway On Saving Solar Panels From Demolition
- 01.25.2016 -- EPA Recognizes Houston As Top User Of Green Power
- 12.30.2015 -- City of Houston Police Headquarters Earns EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Certification for Superior Energy Efficiency
- More from the Archive